Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Just a thought!!!

I think why do i not know even after i think i know?
I believe there's no God; but before starting anything, why do i include Him?
I fight, fight and fight; but when i know it's nearing the end, why do i give up?
I want to live in dreams; but when i know it's not real, why do i not believe it?
I need solace; but when i find it, why do i want to share it with someone?
I want to achieve greatness; But when i embark, why do i feel lost?

Anything that i desire,
If comes true,
No longer remains a desire.
Worse, It seems it never was a desire.
I hop, hop and hop;
every time more futile the hop feels
every time more pleasure i derive
Indeed i oscillate a great deal.

But i know a thing.
I would keep vacillating
till a day when i will stop and look back
and realize - This is what i was made for-
To trouble myself; for humans have won over everyone.
so the task of keeping me involved in life
had to be a selfish attempt from my side.

4 comments:

The Inner Sight said...

y such a -ve thought????? what happened???

Inscrutable said...

Well.. I guess.. That's me.. :)

Hardik aka 'The Lurker' said...

Why do people always see pessimism in your posts? I find them quite neutral. These are just musings of your mind and shouldn't be subjected to such harsh criticism.

Ranjani Mitra said...

Appearances can be so deceptive, who would have guessed the existence of such contradictory thoughts and feelings - "I fight, fight and fight; but when i know it's nearing the end, why do i give up?
I want to live in dreams; but when i know it's not real, why do i not believe it? "
If they are as deep and disturbing as they seem in the words, then these thoughts can lead to a pointless conflict and drain of energies.....