Thursday, May 27, 2010

Long time since i wrote! Something which i feel!

The dormancy had hit hard. With a state of amazing wonderments around, i couldn't realize the distance being created. Though the feeling of ineptitude seldom brings me to this place, i can declare that writing has to be a man's best friend, which can be followed by dog or a bitch, considering no bias for the gender involved.

The place attracts me whenever i am on a virtual tour, but alas, in this world of twitter/cell phones, my thoughts limit themselves, automatically, to 160 words. With a continual habit of getting likes and comments on facebook, my mind has been tuned now to produce pieces which attract thumbs up and make my virtual demand take a step up. Applications take me into a unreal world of idiotic creativity where, for example, i build farms for, god knows, what quantum of production!! Turning into a criminal and expanding your empire seems another comical distraction, often called as expanding social network.

I read someone's status the other day on Facebook - "I am trying to recollect what i used to do before facebook". Strange, it may seem. Stranger, I am trying to recollect what did I do when I didn't have the internet.

I remember playing with the spinning top, carrom, ludo, monopoly, wow. Life was so different! With no online tools, life was like having so many options to choose from. Now after a tough day at office, all i can think of is fbing and meeting people virtually.

Though I console my predilection towards such incongruent activities but i can hardly imagine my existence without the voguish tool. Although i love the fact of a single & universal platform to interact, like a system international in Physics; I doubt the way this virtual world is being shaped up. I feel something is getting lost in order to create something new. I have always preferred amendments over replacements.

No comments: